• Office Depot Inc. named board member Patricia A. McKay executive vice president and chief financial officer; she resigned from the board in conjunction with her appointment. McKay replaces Charles E. Brown, who was promoted to president of the company’s international operations in April.
McKay joins the Delray Beach, Florida-based company from housewares retailer Restoration Hardware Inc., where she served in a similar role; she has also held senior finance positions at AutoNation Inc. and Dole Food Co. At Corte Madera, California-based Restoration Hardware, vice president and controller Murray Jukes will serve as acting CFO.
• Lexmark International Inc., a Lexington, Kentucky-based maker of printers, named John W. Gamble Jr. executive vice president and chief financial officer. Gamble comes to Lexmark from semiconductor manufacturer Agere Systems Inc., which he joined in 2001 as treasurer and business controller before being promoted to CFO. He has also served in the finance departments at AlliedSignal Inc., Honeywell International Inc., and General Motors.
Meanwhile, Allentown, Pennsylvania-based Agere named executive vice president of global operations Peter Kelly as its new finance chief,. Kelly joined Agere in 2000 as vice president of operations for the company’s integrated circuits division; he was named head of global operations the following year. Prior to joining Agere, Kelly worked at Fujitsu-ICL Systems Inc., where he served as chief operating officer for one year and CFO for three more.
• Energy services company Cinergy Corp. promoted vice president of finance and controller Lynn J. Good to executive vice president and chief financial officer. Good joined the Cincinnati-based company in 2003. David L. Wozny, currently vice president and CFO of Cinergy’s commercial business, will succeed Good as vice president and controller. Wozny joined the company in 1996.
• Dallas-based chemicals company Celanese Corp. named John J. Gallagher III executive vice president and chief financial officer. Gallagher most recently served as chief executive officer, and previously as senior vice president and CFO, of Great Lakes Chemical Corp. Earlier in his career, he had the top finance job at UOP LLC and the Bendix division of AlliedSignal Inc. He replaces Corliss Nelson, who left Celanese to pursue other interests.
• Tracy A. Leinbach is retiring as executive vice president and chief financial officer of transportation and logistics giant Ryder System Inc. in early 2006 to pursue personal interests. Leinbach has been with the Miami-based company for 20 years. Before becoming CFO in 2003, she led the company’s largest business segment, fleet management solutions, and also headed Ryder’s European operations.
• GMAC Mortgage appointed Dave Bricker chief financial officer. The Horsham, Pennsylvania-based financing unit of General Motors also named Jim Whitlinger senior vice president and chief accounting officer, reporting to Bricker.
• Steven P. Kovac, who has served as chief financial officer, vice president of finance, and treasurer of Interphase Corp. since he joined the company in 1999, is resigning to pursue other interests. Corporate controller, director of finance, and assistant secretary Thomas N. Tipton will handle Kovac’s duties while the Plano, Texas-based networking technology company searches for a successor.
• George Harrington resigned as chief financial officer of BMC Software Inc. by mutual agreement with management, according to the Houston-based company. Vice president of finance and treasurer Stephen B. Solcher, who will serve as interim CFO, has also been responsible for accounting, tax, investor relations, and mergers and acquisitions.
• ManTech International Corp., a technology provider for government defense and intelligence agencies, announced that chief financial officer Ronald R. Spoehel will leave the company to join ICX Technologies Inc. Corporate vice president and chief of staff Kevin M. Phillips will serve as interim CFO; he joined the Fairfax, Virginia-based company as a result of its 2002 acquisition of CTX Corp., where he was the finance chief.