• Karen Walker has resigned from Boston Communications
Group as CFO, effective immediately. The $39 million market cap company announced her resignation along with its general counsel’s “accelerated” retirement and the CEO’s job change to non-executive chairman of the board of the directors following its internal review of the timing of its stock options grants. Thomas Doherty, executive vice president of Argus Management
Corp., a company specializing in financial consulting and interim
management, will serve as interim finance chief.
• Mitchell Peipert has resigned as CFO from Conversion Services International, effective October 27, to work for a privately held company. CSI’s controller, William Hendry, will be the professional services firm’s new finance chief. Prior to joining the company more than two years ago, Hendry held various positions, primarily as controller and vice president of finance, for Scientific Games Online Entertainment Systems, Alphanet Solutions, Biosource International, and Quarterdeck.
• Bovie Medical Corp. has promoted Gary Pickett to CFO. Pickett has served as the company’s controller since March, and he previously held financial and accounting positions with Progress Rail Services, Progress Energy, and Florida Power Corp.
• Timothy Kish has joined RHEI Pharmaceuticals as its new president and finance chief. Kish previously served as CFO at Biogen and Illumina.
• Network management software company SolarWinds has announced that Kevin Thompson is its new finance chief. He most recently served as senior vice president and CFO of the SAS Institute. Previously, he was CFO, treasurer, and executive vice president of Red Hat.
• NWP Services Corp. has hired Richard Little as vice president and CFO. Previously, Little was finance chief and secretary of Hireright, and he held similar positions with Teradata and Quotron Systems.
• MAP Pharmaceuticals has appointed Christopher Chai to CFO. Chai previously worked for eight years at CV Therapeutics, where he most recently served as vice president for treasury and investor relations.
• Presidio Financial Partners has named Roger Squier finance chief. For the past 16 years, he was vice president of finance at Sybex. He also held finance positions for American President Lines, Sutro & Co., and Boise Cascade Corp.
• DPR Construction has hired Gary Wohl as CFO. Wohl formerly served as finance chief of Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP. He began his career as an assistant marketing manager for Carnegie Hall and has served in a variety of roles including CFO, chief operating officer, and executive director for Oram Group, Morrison and Foerster, Gunderson Dettmer Stough Villeneuve Franklin and Hachigian, and Citigate Cunningham.
• Dalrada Financial Corp. has appointed David Lieberman as chief financial and operations officer. Previously, Lieberman served as CFO for John Goyak & Associates, and he was the president of Lieberman Associates, where he acted as the CFO for various Nevada and California companies. Dalrada provides employer business solutions to small and medium-size businesses.
• Jerry Kanaly joins automobile manufacturer Saleen as CFO on October 16. Kanaly previously served as a partner at KPMG and as a finance chief for high-tech companies.