• Solo Cup Co. has appointed Robert D. Koney as executive
vice president and chief financial officer, effective April 2. Koney previously worked at Russell Corp., where he was CFO and senior vice president. He also spent 18 years with Goodrich Corp. in a variety of finance
positions, most recently serving as its vice president, corporate controller, and chief accounting officer. In addition, he worked at BF Goodrich Aerospace, as vice president and controller, and Arthur Andersen.
• James Giertz will leave his job as CFO of Residential Capital, a subsidiary of GMAC Financial Services, on April 13. GMAC finance chief Sanjiv Khattri will take over Giertz’s position until a permanent successor is named.
• A.C. Moore Arts & Crafts has hired Michael Zawoysky, the former CFO of Foot Locker Europe, as vice president of financial planning and analysis. During his 10-year tenure with the athletic apparel retailer, he held other titles, including CFO of FootLocker.com. He also worked with Chambers Development Co. in various financial positions.
• The Timberland Co., a footwear organization, has appointed John Crimmins as acting CFO. He has served as vice president, corporate controller, and chief accounting officer since 2002. The previous CFO, Brian McKeon, will take on the finance chief role at storage company Iron Mountain in May after seven years with Timberland. He had previously worked at PepsiCo in several executive positions, including vice president of finance of the Pepsi-Cola North America division.
• Thimio Sotos has resigned as CFO of Jones Apparel Group after a year on the job. Chief operating officer Wesley Card, who served as Jones’ CFO for 10 years, will take over and retain his COO responsibilities. He became COO in 2002 and relinquished the CFO title last March when Sotos was hired.
• Neal Murphy will leave his CFO post at Quaker Chemical for the same job at Sunoco Logistics Partners in April. At Quaker, he was responsible for business operations in Asia and South America. The company has not yet named his replacement.
• Retailer iParty Corp. has hired David Robertson as chief financial officer, effective April 2. He most recently worked as a consultant dealing with compliance testing and analysis of financial controls. He previously worked as vice president and CFO of Kitchens Etc., and he has held finance roles at Zayre, Lechmere, and Ernst & Young. Robertson will take over some of the responsibilities of Patrick Farrell, who is resigning as finance chief in April to relocate his family to New York. He will retain his title of president of the Massachusetts-based company through November 15.
• Hawaii Pacific University has hired Kenneth Uemura as vice president and chief financial officer, effective April 1 after he leaves retailer Pomare, where he has held the titles of CFO, treasurer, and corporate secretary. He previously was senior vice president and controller for C. Brewer & Co., chief executive officer for Jas. W. Glover Holding Co., treasurer and controller for Persis Corp., and senior audit manager at Deloitte & Touche. Uemura replaces Lloyd Fujie, who passed away in December.
• AngioDynamics has appointed D. Joseph Gersuk as senior vice president and CFO, effective April 16. Gersuk previously served as CFO of MapInfo Corp., DataEase Sapphire International, and Staveley NDT Technologies. He succeeds Joseph Gerardi, who is leaving the CFO role after two years. He will be vice president of special projects.
• Synnex Corp. has appointed Thomas Alsborg as chief financial officer. Most recently, Alsborg was vice president and CFO of Solectron Global Services, a division of Solectron Corp., where he worked for 10 years. Synnex’s previous CFO, Dennis Polk, was promoted to chief operating officer in July 2006.