When it comes to schooling and experience, there’s no such thing as a “typical” CFO, except that they tend to be well-educated and, still today, a majority are men. How much do you know about the backgrounds and careers of the top finance executives at the 250 largest publicly held U.S. companies? Take our quiz to find out.
1. What percentage of the CFOs at Fortune 250 companies are women?
2. Which undergraduate school did the greatest number (8) of the 250 CFOs get a degree from?
A. Stanford University
B. University of Illinois
C. University of Michigan
D. Georgetown University
3. Which graduate school did the greatest number (20) get a degree from?
A. University of Chicago
B. Harvard University
C. Stanford University
D. University of Pennsylvania
4. What percentage of the CFOs has a graduate degree?
5. What percentage of the CFOs has an accounting degree?
6. On average, how many years have the CFOs worked at their current company, in any capacity?
7. On average, how many years have the CFOs been in their current role?
8. What percentage of the CFOs has international experience?
Source: SGA Talent; data as of July 17, 2017
Answers: 1–D; 2–B; 3–A; 4–C; 5–A; 6–D; 7–C; 8–B