Progressive finance chiefs look to all aspects of the business — including the field service organization — to support their strategic imperatives of revenue generation, efficiency, customer satisfaction, and safety.
The performance of the service department is a critical driver of revenue growth, productivity and efficiency and because of this finance professionals are keeping a close eye on the metrics for this function. In a recent survey conducted by CFO Research, CFOs Set Their Sights on Post-Sales Service, senior finance respondents overwhelmingly ranked customer satisfaction as the most important measure for their companies’ post-sales service.
Starting the Journey to a Profitable Service Function
The transformation of the service function into a revenue- and growth-generating department is being spurred by the evolving role of the CFO. Finance chiefs are becoming business performance leaders as they partner with the CEO to identify opportunities for expansion and growth. This new role requires in-depth knowledge of the contributions of field service to the bottom line.
Another opportunity for field service technology would be changes in a company’s business approach. For ShotSpotter, a gunfire detection and location service, the company began investigating field service automation as the company moved to a service-based business model. “We went from selling equipment to police departments, which they would install, to becoming a service-based company that takes the burden of installation, repair, and replacement off of our customers’ shoulders,” said President & CEO Ralph Clark.
This eBook about transformation initiative will explore:
- Field service management platform that can be at the core of a true business transformation
- What CFOs need to consider when evaluating a field service management platform
- How taking action to improve the field service organization can impact cash flow, customer satisfaction, visibility, and safety
- What metrics should be used for evaluating the success of your field service transformation
- The future of field service management.